The average child will spend over 1,000 hours every year in school and they will spend less than 50 hours in church. The average parent has more than ten times the opportunities to discuss spiritual issues in one year than a church leader does in ten years. The church has limited potential to impact the heart of your child. WHAT HAPPENS AT HOME in many ways is more important than what happens at church! Here are some excellent websites to help you as you spiritually train your children.
Great resources to gain ideas from:
Here are some ways to get involved here at New Hope:
- Teach or assist in classes on Sunday mornings
- Lead a small group on Wednesday nights
- Direct or assist with Children’s Christmas program
- Create or put together bulletin boards
- Provide refreshments at special events
- Be a buddy to a special needs child
- Web page design/upkeep
- Occasional office work
- Lead music
- Drama skits, puppet shows, etc.
- Care for our little ones in infant or toddler nursery
- Project coordinator for our special events (Back-to-School bash, trunk-or-treat, family campouts, etc.)
- Be a prayer partner for a class
- Photographer at special events
- VBS: Director, Leader, Helper, Decorator
- Lead during Children’s Church
Whatever your gift, or time availability, your involvement is greatly appreciated.
Please contact Sharla if you have a willingness to serve. Sharla@newhopemcpherson.com