Facilities Use Policies and Procedures
The NHEC facilities were provided through God’s benevolence and by the sacrificial generosity of NHEC members. NHEC desires that its facilities be used for the fellowship of the Body of Christ and to bring God glory. Although the facilities are not generally open to the public, we make our facilities available to approved non-members as a witness to our faith, in a spirit of Christian charity, and as a means of demonstrating the Gospel of Jesus Christ in practice.
But, facility use will not be permitted to persons or groups holding, advancing, or advocating beliefs or moral teachings, which are summarized in, among other places, the NHEC Constitution and Bylaws (copies of these documents are available from the NHEC office), nor may NHEC facilities be used for activities that contradict or are deemed inconsistent with the NHEC faith or moral teachings. The NHEC Elder Board is the final decision-maker concerning use of NHEC facilities.
This restricted facility use policy is necessary for two important reasons. First, NHEC may not in good conscience materially cooperate in activities or beliefs that are contrary to its faith. Allowing its facilities to be used for purposes that contradict NHEC beliefs would be material cooperation with that activity, and would be a grave violation of NHEC faith and religious practice (2 Corinthians 6:14 and 1Thessalonians 5:22).
Second, it is very important that NHEC present a consistent message to the community, and that NHEC staff and members conscientiously maintain that message as part of their witness to the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Allowing facilities to be used by groups or persons who express beliefs or engage in practices contrary to NHEC faith would have a severe, negative impact on the message that NHEC strives to promote. It could also cause confusion and scandal to NHEC members and the community because they may reasonably perceive that by allowing use of our facilities, NHEC agrees with the beliefs or practices of the person or groups using its facilities.
Therefore, in no event shall persons or groups who engage in practices that contradict the NHEC faith use any NHEC facility. Nor may NHEC facilities be used in any way that contradicts NHEC’s faith. This policy applies to all NHEC facilities, regardless of whether the facilities are connected to the NHEC sanctuary. NHEC sees all of its property as holy and set apart to worship God (Colossians 3:17).
Approved Users and Priority of Use
NHEC Elder or official designee may approve a request for usage of NHEC facilities. Generally, priority will be given to organized groups that are part of the ministry, organization, or sponsored activities of NHEC, and NHEC members and their immediate families. NHEC facilities and equipment will be granted to non-members or outside groups who meet the following qualifications:
1. Groups or persons requesting facility use must affirm that their beliefs and practices and planned uses of the facilities are consistent with the NHEC faith and practice.
2. The group or person seeking facility use must submit a signed “NHEC Facility Reservation and Agreement” form prior to reservation of use of the facilities.
3. The group or person seeking facility use must be willing to take responsibility for the facilities and equipment used and must agree to abide by NHEC rules of conduct for facility use, as stated below and as described in any additional instructions by NHEC staff.
Facility use requests will be made to the NHEC office by submitting the “NHEC Facility Reservation Request and Agreement” form, (either online or in person). The event will be reserved and placed on the NHEC calendar after the request has been approved by NHEC Elder Board.
NHEC members and regular attendees are not required to pay a fee for usage because maintenance of the facilities is derived from member tithes and offerings. Use of NHEC facilities, for non-members, is subject to a use and maintenance fee of $50.00 to pay for the upkeep of NHEC facilities.
Facility Use Guidelines
- Alcohol Policy: No alcohol is allowed on NHEC property.
- Smoking Policy: Smoking in any indoor NHEC facilities is prohibited.
- Groups are restricted to only those areas of the facility that have been approved for use.
- Food and beverages are only allowed in the specific areas of the facility that were requested and approved in the “NHEC Facility Reservation Request and Agreement” form.
- NHEC equipment, such as tables and chairs, must be returned to original placement, unless arranged otherwise prior to the event.
- All lights must be turned off and doors locked upon departure.
- Clean up.
- Abusive or foul language, violent behavior, and drug or alcohol use are strictly prohibited on NHEC premises. Any person exhibiting such behavior will be requested to leave the premises immediately. Revised (1-13-2016)